Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hostile Takeover

In order to post bail, my boss has sold Caffe Cinque to a well known coffee chain.

While the cafe is being refurbished with funky light fittings and beige couches, I have been forced to attend Staff Training, a series of "fun" team building exercises and informative lectures about the way in which this amazing coffee company is "inspiring and nurturing the human spirit, one cup at a time."

During these sessions I am referred to as a "partner" in the company, but have been informed that I will still be treated like a regular employee.

I have also been informed that my Policies and Procedures Manual is no longer required, and that my beloved Gaggia will be replaced a bigger, better machine.

I must wear a green apron and be nice to the customers.
I must make flavoured beverages in over sized take away cups.
I must listen to Norah Jones.

I have decided not to quit until I am up to date on the rent, but have postponed work on "The Gaggia From Behind" in order to write a tell all book about the inner workings of the Rain Forest Alliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment